Overview and Summary:
- High Quality Ore-Polarizing Light Microscope useful for geology and petrographic observations of minerals, rocks, and ores, as well as the study of optical mineralogy principles.
- Strain-Free Color Corrected Infinity Corrected Optics.
- Long working distance objectives.
- Includes both transmitted and reflected light polarization ability.
- Includes both upper (episcopic, reflected) and lower (transmitted) illumination sources.
- Includes all three: Mica, Gypsum and Quartz Wedge compensator plates.
- Single Plane Polarizing, Crossed Polars (nicols), Orthoscopic, and Conoscopic Observation.
- LED Illumination. (Not the older style halogen).
- Built-in Bertrand Lens.
- Circular Rotatable Stage with slide holder.
- 360 Degree Rotation: Polarizers (both reflected and transmitted) and Analyzer.
- Centerable Revolving 5-place Quintuple Objective Nosepiece.
- Measuring reticle in eyepiece with corresponding stage micrometer.
- Trinocular port for photography. Includes 3MP USB camera.
- Sample Rock and Mineral Slides set.
- Auto-Volt Worldwide Voltage Requirement. 85-265V, 50/60Hz.
- 5 – Year Warranty.
- Free Worldwide Shipping. Consignee is responsible for duties, taxes, and brokerage fees.
Objectives, Magnification, and Eyepieces:
- Five DIN Strain-Free Plan Achromatic Infinity Corrected Long Working Distance Objectives: 5x, 10x, 20x, 40x, 60x.
- Five Magnifications using the included 10x eyepiece set: 50x, 100x, 200x, 400x, and 600x.
- The most important part of a microscope is the objective lens. We provide a total of five objective lenses. Don’t be fooled by long lists of different magnifications you can obtain by using a combination of objectives and different eyepieces. In reality, a skilled microscopist is only going to use the 10x eyepiece set as that has the best imaging. In this ad, we are cutting out the industry-standard marketing gimmicks and getting straight to the point of what a professional geologist will actually need.
- Objective Specs: 5x/0.12 (W.D. 26.1mm), 10x/0.25 (W.D. 5mm), 20x/0.40, 40x/0.60 (W.D. 3.98mm) (Spring Loaded), 60x/0.70 (W.D. 3.18mm) (Spring)(Dry). All designed for no cover glass. If your primary usage is with 0.17 mm cover slips, then let us know and we can discuss optional objectives.
- 10x Eyepiece Set. WF 10x/22mm. High Eye-point for Ease of Viewing when wearing Eyeglasses. We do not include 15x eyepieces because they are useless.
- Measuring Reticle built into a spare eyepiece: X-Scale 10mm in 100 divisions, 0.1mm/division resolution. Plus Y line.
- Stage Micrometer: 1 mm in 100 divisions, 0.01 mm / division resolution for calibration of eyepiece reticle.
- Objective Centering Screws on nosepiece for precise optical alignment. Includes centering wrenches.
- Eyepiece diopter adjustment to correct for your specific vision needs.
- Variable Intensity Dual Illumination: Transmitted (Base) and Reflected Episcopic (Upper).
- LED for low power consumption and bright, uniform, color corrected illumination.
- Koehler Illumination System with Focusable Field Diaphragm.
- Vertical illuminator (episcopic) with adjustable aperture diaphragm and field diaphragm and rotating filter wheel.
- Rack and Pinion Adjustable Strain Free Abbe Substage Condenser. Numerical Aperture 1.25 with polarizer and iris diaphragm and polarizer graduated every 45 degrees.
- Focusable Bertrand lens for easy viewing of conoscopic interference patterns.
- Analyzer with full-range rotating dial provides adjustable cross polarization.
- Rotatable stage with ball bearing movement. Diameter 150mm with graduation marks every 1 degree for the full 360 degree rotation. Minimum retardation resolution 6’ center adjustable. Stage rotation locking clamp screw. Stage centering screws.
- Detachable X-Y Mechanical Stage Slide Movement.
- Coaxial Fine and Coarse Focusing Knobs on Both Sides of Microscope. With travel lock stop to protect slides.
- 30 Degree Inclined Trinocular Head (Easier to View than 45 Deg.).
- Adjustable Interpupillary Distance adjusts to the distance between your eyes.
- Manufactured under ISO: 9001 Standards.
- Quartz Wedge 1-4 Order Retarding Compensator Plate.
- Mica (lambda/4, One Quarter Wavelength) Retarding Compensator Plate.
- Gypsum first-order red (lambda, One Full Wavelength) Retarding Compensator Plate.
- Comes with Dust Cover and Instruction Manual.
- Includes a set of Rock and Mineral Slides. Ten (10) thin sections on glass slides: fine granite, gabbro, muscovite schist, greisen, wollastonite, gritstone, evaporite, amphibolitic schist, epidote, kyanite schist.
Camera Equipment Included:
- Includes 1x c-mount camera attachment.
- Includes 3.1 MegaPixel Digital Camera System.
- Complete Digital Microscopy Solution Included.
- Capture high resolution digital microscope images, 2048×1536 pixels.
- View and record full motion live video microscope images. Frame size options for video mode: 2048X1536 (8 up to 11 FPS, depending on PC), 1024 X 768 (22 FPS), 680 X 510 (43 FPS).
- Computer connected digital microscope camera connects via USB2.0. Includes USB cable and MS Windows software.
- Color DSP built into camera provides sharp quality color images. Image sensor size is half inch 6.55×4.92mm). Pixel 3.2×3.2 (micrometers). G Sensitivity 1.0 V/lux-sec.
- Includes measuring capability with the software.
- Note: In light microscopy, anything beyond about a 1.4 MP camera resolution is going to be considered empty resolution and give you no more useful data. We do not provide those useless marketing gimmicks. Do not be fooled into thinking high resolution cameras beyond 1.4 MP are better. If you really want one, we can provide it.
- Warranty is 5 years on microscope equipment.
- The microscope warranty covers problems arising from normal usage.
- We will repair or replace your defective microscopy equipment as needed during the warranty period.
- Optional 100x objective lens (both Dry and Oil Immersion).